* HALFWAY TO HAZARD-Sat. 8:15
(2017 FRUITA FALL FESTIVAL HEADLINER) (Saturday Night Street Dance) ~ Boot Stomping Rip Roaring Country ~ http://www.halfwaytohazard.com One of the most popular acts in country music today, the critically acclaimed duo will bring their full band to our stage for a blistering night of full bore rockin-country music! Their debut single, “Daisy”, was a Top 40 hit on the Billboard Country Charts. They’ve toured the nation with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, as well as Jason Aldean. They were nominated by the Academy of Country Music for the Duo of the Year award in 2008, and even performed the national anthem prior to the NFC Championship game.
* ROYAL BLISS-Fri. 8:30 (Friday Night Street Dance – HEADLINER)~ Rock & Country Hybrid Chart Toppers ~
http://www.royalbliss.com Starting out as a rock ‘n’ roll band their Capitol Records debut “Life In-Between” charted on the Billboard top 200 and was #1 in Billboard Heatseekers. Their second album, “Waiting Out The Storm” reached #9 on the iTunes Rock Chart and hit #2 in Billboard Heatseekers. Overall, they have had 6 singles to crack the top 50 on Active Rock radio. They have toured with acts such as Buckcherry, Candlebox, Chevelle, Kid Rock, and Papa Roach. Recently Royal Bliss has garnerd the attention of Nashville and have signed a new major label deal moving them forward into the country music market. Their newest EP entitled “The Truth” was released earlier this year and the video for the popular track “We’re All Livin’ The Dream” is in current rotation on CMT. Things are moving right along for this ever-growing group and we are very excited to have them on our stage.
* HENHOUSE PROWLERS-Sat. 4:45 (2017 FRUITA FALL FESTIVAL BLUEGRASS STAGE HEADLINERS / Saturday) ~ High Octane Bluegrass ~ http://henhouseprowlers.com Eleven years in the making, Chicago’s Henhouse Prowlers have built a reputation for hard work and non-stop touring, playing music inspired by the roots of bluegrass while branching out into a sound uniquely their own. From lightning fast picking, to sentimental ballads—playing storied original material, traditional songs, and contemporary covers—The Prowlers’ live show leaves no one wanting.
* FINNDERS & YOUNGBERG-Sun. 1:30 (2017 FRUITA FALL FESTIVAL BLUEGRASS STAGE HEADLINERS / Sunday) ~ Critic & Fan Favorite Bluegrass / Americana ~ http://fy5band.com Playing a mixture of Old-Time, Bluegrass, Honky-Tonk, Folk and Blues, Finnders and Youngberg are exactly what Americana music is all about. Watching them perform is just as much fun as listening to them sing and play as they share a central mic, standing in a semi-circle and weaving in and out with classic choreography as they entertain their audience. They’ve toured extensively from Virginia to California playing at bluegrass festivals, & concert halls include the Durango Bluegrass Meltdown, the Black Hills Bluegrass Festival, the Pagosa Folk Festival, Denver’s Mid-Winter Bluegrass Festival, New West Fest and the 2011 International Folk Alliance in Memphis, TN.
* THE WILLIAMS BROTHERS BAND~ Western Colorado’s favorite band ~
The Williams Brothers starting out as one of the foremost & founding members of the “jamband” scene in northern California, The Williams Brothers Band made the move to Colorado in 2000 and have established themselves as the anchor of the music scene in Western Colorado. TWBB
is the most successful band in the region & not only headlines the region’s top venues, fairs, & festivals, but successfully tours all over the western United States. The Williams Brothers have worked with artists as diverse as; The Wailers, 3 Dog Night, Blind Melon, Montgomery Gentry, Jimmy Smith, Ramblin’ Jack Elliot, Little Feat, The Drifters, Big Head Todd, Johnny Rivers, Bret Michaels, Derek Trucks, Archie Lee Hooker, Los Lonely Boys, Jo Dee Messinna, The Lumineers, Living Colour, Cracker, Taylor Hicks, Jerry Garcia Band, Jack Ingram, & Leftover Salmon and are the most requested local direct support act to play with national acts touring through Colorado. Their hit single, “CIRCLES” was nominated for a 2008 Golden Kayak Award by the International Academy of Independent Artists for best Rock Song, and has the rare honor of being an independent song placed in regular rotation on 100’s of Commercial Radio Stations across the country.
* THE BADLY BENT-Sat. 1:30 ~ Traditional Bluegrass at its finest ~ http://www.thebadlybent.com Winners of the coveted 2005 Telluride Bluegrass Band Competition, The Badly Bent has performed at over 40 festivals across the US and has been acknowledged as one of the most entertaining ensembles at those festivals. Their musical prowess allows them to explore the edges of traditional music, but the listener will find that the music never strays far from the roots established by the fathers of the genre. Their love for the genuine bluegrass sound is so evident every time they take the stage. That emotion is totally contagious with the audience. Everyone has a good time. But, don’t be surprised when they pull a song out of the hat that everyone says, “Now, where have I heard that before?” Their repertoire will please even the most discriminating listener. In a nutshell, The Badly Bent gives you your money’s worth, musically and emotionally. This band has an infectious way about them. You get hauled into their musical world and you leave wanting more and more.
* ZOLOPHT– Sat. 8:15~ Super Fun High Energy Dance Music ~http://www.zolophtmusic.com Colorado Blues Twisted Reggae-Rock, without the side-effects. Zolopht composes a heavy blend of reggae, blues, rock & bluegrass influences. With three-piece harmonies, Zolopht creates a sound that is diverse and very much their own. They have been a staple in the Colorado music scene since 2010.
* STRAY GRASS~ Western Colorado’s Bluegrass Hybrid Ambassadors ~
Stray Grass specializes in high-energy interpretations of acoustic
music. Although played on traditional instruments, the musical
stylings of Stray Grass are anything but traditional. Inspired by
artists as diverse as Bill Monroe, Tim O’Brien, Peter Rowan, Dave
Matthews, New Grass Revival, Bob Dylan and Crosby Stills and Nash,
their music has been categorized as “Americana with a New Acoustic Flair”.
* JACK + JILL ~ Western Colorado Alternative Folk Rockers ~
Colorado, Indie/Alternative Band, JACK+JILL have been sweeping the Western US for more than half a decade now, and there’s good reason why. With the release of their third full length album COLORADiO LP, fans from all over the country are caught in the act singing and rocking out to the sounds of J+J. Comprised at the core are husband and wife duo: Aaron and Jessica Seibert who have been in the scene and performing since the late 90’s in traveling acts. Adding top notch performers: bassist Cory Roberts, and drummer Taylor Riley, their music blends big rubber bass lines and chunky drums and guitar, with dark grungy male and rich female vocals, topped off with velvety, semi-sweet electric violin. The performances you will see will take you on a musical, toe-tappin’, head banging, magical booty shaking journey of epic proportions.
* BICYCLE ANNIE– Sat. 6:30 ~ Local Favorite Rockers~https://www.bicycleannie.com
Based out of Grand Junction, Colorado, Bicycle Annie serves up an eclectic mix of your favorite music from the 90’s and beyond. Flavored with some 60’s, 80’s and even a few country songs, this band will keep you on your feet all night!
* GOODMAN Trio– Sat. 3:15 ~ Western Colorado’s Finest Guitar Slinger ~https://www.facebook.com/Goodman-Band-134337723316746 The Goodman Band is a 3-piece group based primarily out of Grand Junction. Gerry Goodman on guitar & vocals, John Brown on bass & vocals, & Darin Elwell on drums & vocals. The music ranges from early country & rock to blues to today’s music. Dubbed “The Hardest Working Band in Colorado”. A little something for everyone. Backed by a ridiculously talented rhythm section, Gerry’s guitar prowess and command of the instrument makes this fan favorite truly something to see and hear.
* MOUNT ORCHID– Sat. 1:30~ Local Wonder Duo ~https://www.facebook.com/mountorchid
Grab a blanket and your favorite girl, get your spot on the lawn early Billy Pogany & David Goe will have you mesmerized with their dreamy indie pop rock. Critically acclaimed and uber-popular, these local treasures of musical versatilely are sure to steal the show at this year’s festival.
* AJ FULLERTON– Sun. 12:00~ Award Winning Blues Artist ~https://www.ajfullerton.com
A.J. Fullerton is a Blues/Roots singer, songwriter, and guitarist from Colorado. He recently won 4 Colorado Blues Society Member Choice Awards in 2016 including “Best Acoustic Act” A.J. is a multifaceted entertainer, touring the Continental U.S. full time and helping to keep the great tradition of Blues Music alive and well with the younger generation.
* THE GREAT WESTERN HERITAGE SHOW– Sun. 12:15~ Western Stories & Songs ~
The Great Western Heritage is from Grand Junction, but have played all over the USA. They bring stories of the songs of the west and the common man. The members are Rick Cosby, Gary Mansfield, and Bill Bailey.
* LINCOLN PANTS BAND-Sat. Noon~ Grand Valley Foundational Artists ~https://www.facebook.com/LPB-109051919443632
LPB features two essential members of the local Grand Valley Music Scene. Nicky Pants has been creating great vibes here for over 2 decades he was the leader of the extremely popular groups Gracious Grooves & Wheel before starting LPB. Matt Lincoln was a founding member of local favorite Dualakoo before partnering up with Nicky to create this new “Supergroup”. LPB is two guitarists dishing out generous portions of harmonious vibrations using good vibes and dynamic sound waves
* CLYDE & THE MILLTAILERS– Sat. Noon ~ DIY, Folk influenced, Rag Grass ~https://www.facebook.com/milltailersmusic
Western Colorado folk and roots, multi-instrumental group influenced by early American music.
* ETHAN ARCHER BAND– Sun. 11:00~ Grand Junction’s newest Voice in Country Music ~ We are always looking for the newest and brightest upcoming talent in the valley to nurture. Ethan Archer is a voice that needs to be heard. Making his “Big Stage” debut this year, with a true county voice that harkens back to the greats, he is sure to impress. Don’t miss your chance to catch him now. The sky is truly the limit for the talented young man.
* VICTORY LIFE WORSHIP BAND-Sun. 11:00 ~ Contemporary Christian Worship Music ~ http://vlcgv.org Start your Sunday morning off right with some spirit-led worship music guaranteed to move and inspire your soul